Albion is a neighborhood in Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada. It is situated in the eastern part of the city, bordered by the Fraser River to the north and the community of Thornhill to the east. more here
Here’s some information about Albion:
- Location: Albion is located in the eastern part of Maple Ridge, with easy access to major transportation routes such as Lougheed Highway (Highway 7) and the Golden Ears Bridge. It is known for its scenic surroundings, including views of the Fraser River and nearby mountains.
- Housing: Albion offers a mix of housing options, including single-family homes, townhouses, and condominiums. The neighborhood features both established properties and newer developments, providing a range of choices for residents.
- Parks and Recreation: It is home to several parks and green spaces where residents can enjoy outdoor activities. Albion Park is a popular community park with sports fields, playgrounds, a spray park, and walking trails. Fairgrounds, located nearby, hosts various events and fairs throughout the year.
- Schools and Amenities: Albion has a number of schools serving its residents, including Elementary School and Samuel Robertson Technical Secondary School. The neighborhood is also within close proximity to amenities such as shopping centers, grocery stores, restaurants, and other services along Lougheed Highway.
- Outdoor Activities: Albion residents have easy access to outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearby Kanaka Creek Regional Park offers hiking trails, picnic areas, and opportunities for wildlife viewing. There are also opportunities for boating, fishing, and camping in the area.
- Community Spirit: It has a strong sense of community, with local events and activities organized throughout the year. The Albion Community Association plays an active role in promoting community engagement and organizing events for residents.