Cottonwood is a neighborhood located in the city of Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada. Situated in the southeastern part of Maple Ridge, Cottonwood offers a mix of residential areas, amenities, and natural surroundings. more here
Here’s some information about Cottonwood:
- Location: Cottonwood is located in the southeastern part of Maple Ridge, bordered by Dewdney Trunk Road to the north and the Fraser River to the south. It is conveniently situated near major transportation routes, including Lougheed Highway (Highway 7), which provides easy access to other areas of the city and surrounding regions.
- Housing: The neighborhood features a range of housing options, including single-family homes, townhouses, and condominiums. There are both established properties and newer developments available in Cottonwood, offering a variety of choices for residents.
- Amenities: Cottonwood is well-served by amenities and services. The Meadowtown Centre, located in the neighboring Pitt Meadows area, is a major shopping destination featuring a variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options. Additionally, there are grocery stores, medical clinics, schools, and other essential services in and around Cottonwood.
- Parks and Recreation: Cottonwood residents have access to several parks and green spaces. Maple Ridge Park, located nearby, offers walking trails, sports fields, a playground, and a large off-leash dog area. Kanaka Creek Regional Park, with its extensive trail system and scenic views, is also within reach.
- Schools: The neighborhood is home to several schools, including Alexander Robinson Elementary and Thomas Haney Secondary School. Cottonwood is served by the School District No. 42 (Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows), which provides a range of educational programs and services.
- Outdoor Activities: Cottonwood is surrounded by natural beauty and outdoor recreational opportunities. The Fraser River provides opportunities for boating, fishing, and other water-based activities. The nearby Golden Ears Provincial Park offers hiking trails, camping, picnicking, and scenic views.